Monday, June 4, 2018

POEM: Limitless

LIMITLESS

Am I the mother’s burden and blessing? The hero of heroes? Or the nerdy school kid?
This is what I was destined to become.
Because my palsy has aimed me down a different path.
But if this is the plan for me, I must be the one to choose how this goes on.
I will bring joy and happiness, no matter what.
Because if I smile, then the world should smile back.
I will help the world, because the world shouldn’t suffer…
The way I’ve suffered quietly all these years…
Not from pain, but from not being able to walk, run, and jump.
That is the wound in my soul.
People think they understand my struggle.
But they don’t “truly” understand. 
And though I have cerebral palsy.
My heart and brain is all I need…
To be ultimately limitless!

AUTHOR: JACK TECSON
DATE WRITTEN: UNKNOWN
FROM: Poems by Jack: Volume I Stories From Life

No comments:

Post a Comment